How to Create a Cover Page in Google Docs
Create an academic document in Google Docs? You may want to insert a cover page for important information. This guide will show you how.
Writing a college paper or an academic paper? You will need a cover page.
This is where you will place your name, title, and other important information. It’s a good idea to use a cover page on any type of important document, it provides a cover that protects the contents.
Creating a cover page in Google Docs is quite simple to do. You can create one from scratch or use one of the document templates as a starting point.
If you’re not sure, here’s how to create a cover page in Google Docs.
How to Create a Cover Page in Google Docs APA Style
If you are writing an article, you may need to submit it in APA style. This is a writing style and format for academic papers, and it includes rules for how to layout a cover page.
To create a cover page in Google Docs in APA style:
- Open a blank document in Google Docs.
- Select the Format menu.
- Hover over Line and paragraph spacing and click Double to set up double spacing for your document.
- Open the Character font drop-down list and select Times New Roman.
- press the + Where – symbols until the font size is 12.
- Click at the top of your document and press Walk in four times to create a blank space at the top of your cover page.
- press the Bold button or press CTRL+B under Windows or Cmd+B on Mac.
- Type the name of your paper.
- press the Align Center to place your headline in the center of your cover page.
- Hurry Walk in twice.
- Click on the Bold button or press CTRL+B under Windows or Cmd+B on Mac to revert to the standard font.
- Type your name and press Walk in.
- Type other relevant information (such as your university or college) and press Walk in.
- Open the Insert menu.
- Hover over Headers and footers and click On your mind.
- Select Choice.
- Select Page numbers.
- Leave the settings as they are and click Apply.
- press the Align Right to move the page number to the right.
Once you have applied your new page number, your title page will be created.
Use a template to create a cover page in Google Docs
If you want to create a general cover page quickly and easily, you can use one of the templates included with Google Docs. These templates are editable so you can modify them to suit your needs.
To create a cover page in Google Docs using a template:
- Open the Google Docs webpage and click Template Gallery.
- Alternatively, if you already have a document open, click File > New > From Template Gallery.
- Scroll to Education section.
- Select a model that interests you.
- Once the template is loaded, you can edit it. To edit the text, click on the text you want to edit and replace it with your own.
- If you want to edit the image, right click on it and hover Replace Image. You then have the option of replacing it with an image from your computer, the web, your Google Drive, Google Photos, a URL, or taking a photo.
If you want to add anything else to your cover page, you can click File > Drawing > New. You can then use one of the tools to insert a shape, text box, or image.
If your template includes extra pages, you can delete them to keep just your cover page.
Write documents in Google Docs
Learning how to create a cover page in Google Docs is just the beginning. Once you’ve created a cover page, why not create an entire book in Google Docs?
If you plan to add more complex images to your documents, there are add-ons for creating diagrams in Google Docs. When working with multiple images, it’s good to know how to layer images in Google Docs. This allows you to create impressive effects that will really make your documents stand out.