Generocity Philadelphia Youth Network, Inc | Director of the information systems
We are recruiting an experienced CIO to help us continue to grow. If you are dedicated and ambitious, Philadelphia Youth Network is a great place to develop your career. Don’t hesitate to apply.
About the Information and Operations Division:
The Information Systems (IS) department is responsible for operating PYN’s technological infrastructure in support of the core functions of the organization. In addition to other responsibilities, IS manages the organization’s network infrastructure (on-premise / cloud), servers, web applications, databases, and compliance with local and federal government requirements.
Reporting to the Chief Information Officer, the Chief Information Officer manages the staff and overall technical service to ensure the stable operation of PYN’s IS portfolio. The Director leads a team of professionals who work in various disciplines including systems / network administration, database administration, web design / application development and business intelligence. The Director works in the field in infrastructure disciplines and supports PYN’s network / systems operations.
The main responsibilities include:
• Analyze the complex business needs presented by various audiences and recommend and / or design technical solutions
• Lead the planning, development, deployment, monitoring and maintenance of IT systems and applications in a hybrid Azure environment
• Participate with the CIO in supplier sourcing and contract negotiations and management to reduce IT costs, improve service offerings and leverage new services under existing contracts
• Maintain the full lifecycle and inventory of hardware, software and licenses related to IT assets
• Manage data protection strategy including information security, data backups, disaster recovery and business continuity plans
• Ensure consistency and maintainability of PYN applications / environment by establishing, maintaining and enforcing standards / procedures to support governance
• Identify underperforming services and operations and make recommendations or modifications necessary to bring these services to acceptable standards.
• Contribute to the team’s efforts by performing other tasks as needed
• Responsible for the day-to-day supervision of assigned staff, including managers, in accordance with PYN policies and guidelines
• Responsible for monitoring and recommending staff training for the professional development of the IS team
• Monitors budgets associated with software and IT services and submits recommended changes based on trend data
• Acts as an active member of the PYN Directors team and brings expertise to special projects and planning with other PYN Directors
Education, experience and skills required:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• More than 10 years of experience in supporting IT infrastructure within a company, with more than 3 years of experience in managing Microsoft Azure cloud implementations
• More than 5 years of experience in managing small / medium IT / development teams
• Strong technical decision making and problem solving skills
• Strong communication skills with the ability to speak clearly and convincingly on technical topics to both technical and non-technical audiences
• Passed background checks (PA State Criminal, PA Department of Public Welfare Child Abuse, US Department of Justice National Sex Offender Registry and FBI fingerprinting)
The Philadelphia Youth Network is a non-profit organization that changes the lives of young people aged 12 to 24 by creating education and employment opportunities. The Philadelphia Youth Network creates collective impact by leveraging partnerships, resources and talents to reduce poverty and promote equity for young people. PYN values talent and seeks to provide a fair and just work environment, maintaining policies that promote flexibility, encourage creativity, and honor diversity and authenticity. PYN is a dynamic, fast-paced organization pursuing transformational results for young people. Learn more at pyninc.org.